The Cornell Agriculture and Food Technology Park is seeking an Executive Director, for its campus in Geneva, NY, in an executive leadership position.
Reporting to and under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Cornell Agriculture and Food Technology Park (Ag Tech Park) Nonprofit’s staff, programs, facilities, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he will develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems
· Assist in the development of current and long-term organizational goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures for the Ag Tech Park’s Nonprofit operations; establish plans to achieve goals set by the Board of Directors and implement policies, subject to approval by the Board of Directors
· Is responsible for grants and contracts management including negotiating research agreement terms that reflect the needs of the Ag Tech Park’s Nonprofit
- Actively engage and energize the Ag Tech Park’s Nonprofit volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funding sources.
- Analyze and evaluate vendor services to determine programs and providers that best meet the needs of Nonprofit and make recommendations to the Board, as appropriate; negotiate services, terms, and execute contracts with supply and service vendors, auditors, and consultants
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing local operations
· Oversee all accounting functions including those necessary for auditing, budgeting, financial analysis, capital asset and property management, and payroll in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
· Assist tenant businesses in raising new capital for their expansions
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
· Actively interact with other personnel and organizations, such as the city, state, and other public and private entities.
Planning & New Business:
- Design the national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion site
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication
The ED will be thoroughly committed to the Ag Tech Park’s Nonprofit’s mission and should have proven leadership and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
· Demonstrated ability to match capital investors with start up businesses
- Advanced degree, ideally an MBA, with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Demonstrated commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- A organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Resumes may be sent to the Cornell Agriculture & Food Technology Park, 500 Technology Farm Drive, Geneva, NY 14456 prior to April 22nd.
Cornell Agriculture and Feed Technology Park is an independent Not for Profit 501.3c corporation and an Equal Opportunity Employer.